Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My New Project Moves Into the House

I'll admit that I've been sloughing off a little, mostly in favor of knitting and watching DVDs. However, yesterday I enlisted the help of Media Guy and Sports Nuts and created a Whole New Project for myself. Here's the first part:

That is a pile of 37 boxes of (mostly) books from our storage locker. I put numbers on them so I could keep track of my progress. Let's face it, daily photos of a pile of banker's boxes, diminishing or not, is not that entertaining.

The boxes are there because the rental on our storage locker, as I mentioned previously, went up beyond my willingness to pay. The new New Shed we bought with the intention of using it to hold the contents of the storage locker ... well, we have had a few problems in the construction.

We went to the locker and took a look:

and foolishly figured that we could probably fit all of that into the garage. We came home and cleared some space in the garage:

And then we shlepped boxes. We found that we could fit between 51 and 55 boxes in the back of a Grand Caravan with the seats removed and still see out the back:

A slightly smaller number of boxes could fit into the other car we drove over there:

Yes, I did make Sports Nut (in foreground looking through the contents of the box he is carrying) and Media Guy (background) do almost all of the lifting and carrying. But I supervised and took pictures, as well as driving the van to and from the storage locker 4 times, so I did my part.

The end result? Bye-bye to Locker B19:

And hello to a garage just chock full of boxes once again:

I think we did a pretty good job of leaving room to walk around so that we can get to the dog feeding table, the pantry shelves, the recycling bins, the freezer, etc.

But lest anyone think that these piles of boxes in the garage and the pile of numbered boxes in the front hall was the sum total of the boxes..... Let me show you the pile that the Drama Queen's brothers made for her in the hall outside her bedroom:

You can't really tell from this angle, but there are four piles of six boxes each, plus another odd box just outside her door. That's 25 boxes for the Drama Queen to go through and to somehow fit into her bedroom. You remember her bedroom, don't you? I posted a picture just the other day.

In knitting news, the Drama Queen has made some dramatic (what else?) progress on her Dr. Who scarf:

And I have finished the much less complicated scarf that I knit for Sports Nut:

Okay, as usual, I still have a few yarn ends to weave in, but Sports Nut was available during half time of the basketball game he is watching and I thought I'd better get a picture while the getting was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment