Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kittens, Cats, Knitting and Day #4

I have been thinking lately that I really want some kittens. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I want any more cats right now. This is a dilemma that bears some thinking about. In the meantime, one of our last pair of kittens (now over 2 years old) supervised kitchen cleanup this evening.

He was not the cat who was helping me knit today. That cat was our little tortoiseshell, who not only sat on my lap on top of my yarn, but also got down on the floor and played with the yarn when I decided it was time to roll it up into balls.

I have learned an odd thing about knitting lately. I've always said that I knit very slowly. But over the last few days, I have almost finished both sleeves for the Wonderful Wallaby I am making for a young friend. I posted this picture on November 4:

And then I basically did nothing on the sleeves until this past weekend. As of this evening, after 2 or 3 days of knitting when I wasn't doing something moderately more important (like eating or finishing my novel or playing with/feeding dogs or doing laundry or running errands or editing papers, etc.) this is where I am:

Now I am thinkng that maybe I don't necessarily knit slowly, but I certainly do have distractions that keep me from knitting. All I had to do was get a couple of young adults out of the house and my time has freed up enormously! I have hopes that I may finish this sweater before the young lady in question outgrows it.

Last, but not least, today's progress in the guest room experiment. Day #4 -- Wednesday, December 2, 2009:

The Wizard asked this morning if the Drama Queen has any idea that her brothers and I are conducting this experiment. She's usually out of the house when I take these pictures, so I'm guessing no. She was home this morning (no work or classes), so I waited until she was busy elsewhere to sneak in and take the photo. This could be a separate experiment -- how long before she notices?

No comments:

Post a Comment