Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow again -- and Day #10

I went to sleep last night listening to the wind howling. I woke up around 5:00 a.m. to the sound of thunder and the flash of lightning. I got up and let the dogs out quickly, then got them settled inside just in time for the storm to hit. More thunder, more lightning ... and then hail and sleet and snow. It all stopped less than an hour later, but 2 to 3 inches snow had fallen in that relatively short period. It looked kind of pretty:

It was still fairly nice looking once the sun came up.

I had to take that picture really quickly, because I hadn't let the dogs out again. Once they spent a few minutes frolicking in the snow, it looked like this:

A variety of things went on today that siderailed my get-out-of-Dodge efforts, so I didn't get back to the file cabinets today. But, I did manage to work on the sweater I am knitting for my 2-year-old friend:

And, the grand finale -- Day #10 of the Great Experiment, Tuesday, December 8, 2009:

Once again, I decided to take a picture of the futon couch, because that is still the epicenter of all activity in this room.                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment