Monday, December 28, 2009

Wintertime and the Livin' is Cold

Actually, it's been colder. I'm just really tired, but I want to post something tonight so that I can check "update blog" off my to-do list. The dogs have been thrown out because one of them was chasing cats. I'm sure that any minute now they are going to start telling me that it's cold and dark outside. To top it off, I don't feel so good ... didn't even eat supper tonight. I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night and be ravenous, but all that is in the future.

Today, I went with Future Vet and the Visiting Cousin down to Old Town where we did not visit the Rattlesnake Museum. We skipped it today because the Visiting Cousin is going to be in Dodge again over the summer and will have a chance to go at that time. If you are ever in Dodge, however, it's really an interesting place to visit as long as your parents and teachers didn't mistakenly fill your heads with nonsense about snakes and bugs and stuff like that.

While in Old Town, we picked up a few odds and ends and encountered this interesting sewer cover:

Seeing this led to speculation about whether the city had replaced all of the sewer covers three years ago and, if so, how much the enterprise cost. We were happy to see that the iron work was done in the USA, providing jobs for American workers. But we did wonder whether the city will have to make new ones in 97 years for the Quadricentennial.

We also admired this mosaic wall, which was still being created the last time that the Visiting Cousin came to town:

I'm afraid that picture doesn't do it justice. It really is a work of art.

I went through one box of books today. Most are keepers, but a few were not for various reasons. And I have a small pile of books for the Wizard to take a look at when he returns. I would have done more, but (as mentioned before) I really wasn't feeling well.

I took my feeling unwellness over to the family room and wrapped up in a down comforter and knitted while watching (and occasionally sleeping through) television shows. Despite the frequent naps, I did make some progress on the Wallaby sweater:

And that's it for tonight. As prophesied, the dogs are whining and pawing at the door in an attempt to convince me that it is too cold and dark to be outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment