Monday, December 14, 2009

This, then to bed

This is another very quick update, exploring only the issue of the "guest" room. Today I attended the funeral of Joe Siegel, a very dear friend. Last Thursday, Joe was sitting up in bed and talking. By Sunday morning he was gone. When we talked last week, Joe said to me, "I thought we would have more time." He was talking about time with his wife of 16 years; a match truly made in Heaven. But I feel that Joe's words resonate for me and everyone who knew and loved Joe as well. We thought we would have more time.

Take the time to tell the people you love that they are important to you. You really don't know whether you are going to have all the time you think you will have.

Day #15 -- Monday, December 14, 2009

The little piles on the floor have not gone away. Neither has the cat who is responsible for them.

No knitting to report. Between editing final papers for Future Vet and helping my friend as she transitions to the next stage of her life, the part without Joe by her side, I had neither time nor the inclination to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment