Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What-is-it? Wednesday -- It's Finally Here!

I was tempted to post these as a what-is-it today:

But I realized that it isn't really fair to put up a picture of a bunch of junk that appeared in the bottom of a box. The spring is a spring, the green thing is probably an eraser, and I have no clue what the three round things are. A young friend who was over for a visit suggested that they were originally something like pop beads, but I'm not sure I agree. Whatever these things were, now they are trash.

So here is the real What-it-is for this Wednesday:

I'll give you a hint later on.

In the meantime, I went through bunches of boxes today. Many books got shelved. Three boxes of books that had previously been set aside for some homeschoolers we know went out the door. This is today's collection of box number tags:

Aha! you may say. There is no tag for box number 10. True, but box number 10 does exist. See?

The problem was that this box is not full of books nor is it full of other items that are easy to sort of dispose of. Instead, it is full of memorabilia -- like stuff from my days in high school. (Not my favorite part of life.)

There's also stuff from other periods that were a little less of a problem. I pawed through things quickly and realized that I really need to take the time to go through this box item by item. So I'm putting it off for a few days.

Despite the fact that box 10 was merely moved from the front hall to a chair in the dining room, significant progress was made today. The front hall is almost clear of boxes.

That's the last pile of 5 boxes back there. If you can discern the pile of boxes way back in the back -- rest assured, those are empty  boxes. Tomorrow they will be flattened and stored, if usable, or flattened and recycled, if not usable.

I have not yet done any knitting today, but I plan to knit after supper while watching some television and relaxing. No blog update tomorrow (I'll tell you why on another day.) On Friday we will be back with Freecycle Friday and the answer to the what-is-it for those who can't figure it out.

Ah! The second clue:

Any clearer now?

2 comments:

  1. Is it a bike mirror or perhaps one that you put on your glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give the man a bagel! This is a rear-view mirror for a bike that can be attached to the handlebars with velcro. Somewhere or other, we also have rear-view bike mirrors that attach to the helmet or glasses. The Wizard would know....

    ReplyDelete