Sunday, January 10, 2010

Short and sweet (maybe)

I don't think I'm going to be able to update this blog again until after Future Vet and Media Guy go back to school next weekend. There has been so much going on that, by the end of the day, I don't have the energy to sit down and think up something to blather on about.

I have made minimal progress on the boxes in the front hall, even with Canti's help:

Progress kind of ground to a halt because I need to figure out what to do with both the things (mostly books) we are keeping and the things (again, mostly books) that we do not want to keep. I need to update the book catalog, put up some more bookshelves, and dispose of lots of things. Fortunately, this little girl's mother came over last week and carted off a full box of books:

Max the Rocking Unicorn is but one of the objects that came home from the storage locker. We bought Max before the first of the offspring was born and he had many years of good use. Now that the offspring are all in their 20s, we are waiting for some grandchildren to give Max another good ride. Failing grandchildren, I guess we'll have to settle for young friends.

What with one thing and another, the cat dynamics in the house are in flux. To make sure that one particular cat didn't starve because the other cats weren't letting her near the food bowl, I put a food dish on top of the dryer. Shortly after that, we noticed a new cat phenomenon:

That's Dybbie among the towels on the shelves above the washer and dryer, but he's not the only cat who has found this soft and warm spot. Before there was food, I guess they had no desire to enter the laundry room. That, or I kept the doors shut.

I don't really have a what-is-it for last Wednesday. The oddest thing -- in terms of where did this come from and why do I still have it? -- was this pile:

I have absolutely no clue why I have 100 postcard stamps. But I have a plan -- first class postage is currently 44 cents. Before too long, I'm sure that a letter will cost 46 cents to mail. At that point, all I have to do is put two of these postcard stamps on, and I'm set. (Though I'm relatively sure that this strategy is not what I had in mind when these stamps were purchased.)

I have been doing a lot of knitting on Future Vet's sweater this past week. I do not think it will be finished by the time he heads back to school, but I do know his mailing address. Oddly enough, it takes much more time to knit a XL sweater than it does to knit one for a 2-year-old. But the sleeves are done, the body is started and I'm working on the pouch.

Barring unforeseen complications, the sweater should be done before it's too hot to wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment