Monday, March 1, 2010

Oy vey! Where did the time go?

Can it really be two and a half weeks since I updated this blog? Let's see.... first I had to clean up the house, which meant some areas became really neat and clean:
And other areas became kind of cluttered because that's where I dumped all the stuff that I couldn't deal with immediately:
The purpose of all this cleaning up was to host a hamantaschen-baking party for my Rosh Hodesh group. They came, we cooked, we ate hamantaschen!
And while we were hanging out after the Rosh Hodesh meeting, letting the young'uns make their own interesting confections,
We had the brilliant idea to have our own Purim celebration, complete with a Purimshpiel, which I obviously had time to write because I did. More about all that later, when maybe somebody comes up with some pictures of the shpiel. I left my camera available and asked various audience members to document the event, but all the pictures taken that evening (including pictures taken by my son the Sports Nut) were taken on other people's cameras.

All I have is a picture of the stage before the show.
At any rate, the last two weeks just whooshed by. Now that Purim is over. it's time to move on to cleaning up for Pesach. For one thing, I'm going to need to clean out Future Vet's bedroom before he shows up in a few weeks.

On the decluttering front, not much has happened between hamantaschen (which will be detailed on the food blog tomorrow, I promise) and the Purimshpiel (which will appear elsewhere soon) and watching the Olympics and dosing our poor Shadow cat with antibiotics twice a day (an enterprise which usually involves 10 to 15 minutes of chasing her around the room) and having an unwelcome visit from a head cold (which was polite enough to leave after a very short stay).

I did, however, start on my traditional day-after-Purim activity today. It's not exactly decluttering, but it bears a distinct resemblance.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Purim. Love it and Love it some more. We received some interesting alternatives to Hamantaschen, although we received plenty of those as well.

    Our official purimschpiel was named Schmotown and the proprietor of your named suite in town did a hysterical version of "I heard it through the Grapevine". If you get a chance to see the DVD, you might laugh too hard.

    I find that we have taken to dividing up the shalach manot in much the same fashion as one divides up Halloween candy. And people are being very creative. My better half made white and dark chocolate bark with interesting treats inside.

    Well time to get back to planning the seder.

    ReplyDelete