Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Several days, and one chocolate seder, later....

I do have an excuse for not updating over the past couple of days. Way back when I was in fifth grade in California, my orchestra teacher told me that I should always have an excuse ready, but never to confuse an excuse with a reason.

My excuse this time is that I was busy with final preparation for a Chocolate Seder, which was held last night. Now that the Chocolate Seder excuse is no longer valid, I got back to Future Vet's bedroom today. Here's what the room looked like at the start of the day:

Some boxes of books have been removed, but there's still a lot of work to do. More boxes of books were removed and put in appropriate locations and then I decided to tackle the dresser. All the clothes that were still in drawers that the cats could get into were covered with cat hair, so all of those went into the washing machine. And then I thought I'd put the drawers  back. Until I got a good look at the floor under the dresser:
Oh, my. There was enough cat hair on that carpet to make a whole 'nother cat. Which is something that nobody wants right this minute. (A kitten, now, might be fun -- but they have a sneaky way of growing up and becoming cats.)

The vacuum cleaner was still being bad, over at the vacuum cleaner repair shop. Or maybe it's just taking a well-deserved vacation. Servicing it certainly doesn't seem to be high priority for the people who told me it would be fixed by Tuesday afternoon.

Fortunately, I have a canister vacuum as well. After emptying that vacuum cleaner several times, the floor looked much better;
Later on, I will ask the Wizard to help me move the dresser back so I can put the drawers back so I can put Future Vet's clean (and possibly folded, if I'm in a good mood) clothes back into the drawers.

My real project for today was supposed to be going through this box of papers:
But I got distracted by getting ready for Pesach. Maybe this evening I will watch a movie and sort through this box. Maybe.

And here's the current state of Future Vet's room:
Not too bad, if I do say so myself. If I get the vacuum cleaner back tomorrow, I might even be able to finish up in here since the majority of the remaining work involves getting the cat hair off the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment