Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Slow day

I think I'm still recuperating from our trip. Or Something Else is going on. I felt really lousy after lunch today and went upstairs to take a nap. Then I got caught by the Cat Gravity Field on the bed and almost didn't get up again.

Nevertheless, I got through a box of books. Why are all the good books packed up in boxes? I am taking the "books" line item out of the budget and going through boxes from now on when I want to read something. There's also the pile of library books on the shelf behind me, but that's another story.

Speaking of library books, I just caught up with Donna Andrews' Meg Langslow series. If you enjoy murder mysteries that include a fair amount of humorous mayhem, these are worth checking out.

It is finally time to tackle the boxes from the storage locker that got stacked up in the garage. I am considering whether to bring them into the house and pile them up labeled with numbers like the group I just finished. (Mostly finished -- box #10 is still waiting for me.) I have some friends coming over tomorrow. Maybe they can distract me while I go through it.

But Box #10 is neither here nor there (it's in the dining room). And I'm pretty sure that I don't want to stack boxes in the front hall just yet. On Monday, my Rosh Hodesh group is coming over to bake hamantaschen. Some of them know about the boxes, but ... well, why hit them over the head with the state of our STUFF? Maybe after Monday, I'll get Sports Nut to move some boxes for me. And on Monday, I promise to post pictures of the hamantaschen. If not here, then on the other blog.

Okay, so back to the garage:
 
That red arrow is pointing to two boxes that came out of the garage today. Nothing too exciting about them -- they just contain the stuff I had put aside to Freecycle a while ago. It turns out that they didn't get buried under the stuff from the storage locker. Instead, they got placed in a position that I thought would be convenient and where I wouldn't lose sight of them. Right.

Stay tuned ... tomorrow I may actually tackle my arch-nemesis. Box #10.

No comments:

Post a Comment