Monday, October 26, 2009

Variations on a Theme

Since it worked so well last week, I thought I would continue with my promise to post every day about a current project. Unfortunately, the project is still my bedroom. The rest of the boxes, plus all the bins of crafts stuff, plus ... the truth must be told ... the walk-in closet are this week's project. Here are our starting points:

Pretty much as it stood last Thursday, though I did go digging through one of the boxes of yarn looking for some string. My goal this week (again, the Wizard will return on Thursday night) is to make this a sitting and reading and watching TV area once again.

That goal necessitates dealing with this stack of bins:


Those bins are full of crafts supplies, old t-shirts waiting to be made into t-shirt quilts (in my copious spare time) and stuff like that. There's also a crate of audio cassette tapes there, but those are just going to get shifted into another space. I want to deal with those, but the converting-all-the-cassettes-to-digital-format project is way down on the project list right now.

To deal with those bins, I also have to deal with the walk-in closet:

What fun!

If I can do all that, I will be well ahead of my original pace of  "a box, a bag, a shelf, or a pile" a day. For this week, at least.

When I took those pictures, I had actually gone up to my bedroom with the intention of working on some of that stuff. However....., when I glanced at the thermometer on my clock, it said that the temperature in the bedroom was 50 degrees Farenheit! That's 11.5 degrees Centigrade, which sounds much colder. Either way, I'm not going to do too much up there until it warms up a little.

Gee, do you  think it may be time to turn on the heat in the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment