Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday's Box Count -- 26 (and only 2 to go!)

Since I went through 22 boxes yesterday, I figured I could come close to that number again today even though Sports Nut and I had to run a bunch of errands. Would you believe that the  book for Sports Nut's one class this semester costs a little more than twice the tuition for the class? On the other hand, considering that we are paying $64 for tuition by having him take it at the community college, rather than the $687 (plus fees) he would pay to take the same class at UNM, I figure we are still ahead of the game.

Back to boxes.

This morning, I started by pulling 18 boxes out of the garage. With the 22 boxes I went through yesterday, that would make an even 40 boxes. I also figured that I could find another 10 boxes of books to set aside for Book Week, which would bring me to 50 boxes, which is my quota for the week.
I almost made it. The box count stands at 48 gone through, with 2 more (see below) that I will sort through in the morning. The 50 boxes break down as follows:

22 boxes of books set aside for Book Week (maybe that should be Book Weeks?)
1 box of kitchen stuff set aside for Future Vet and Media Guy
3 boxes taken up to the Wizard's office (1 box each of papers to file, cords and electronic things, and office supplies)
10 boxes of stuff to either Freecyle or throw away
1 box of things that I want some friends of ours to look at before disposing of
2 boxes of sheet music and music books to go through in the morning

That's a total of 39 boxes, meaning that 11 boxes have been emptied!

And the garage looks a little less crowded this evening. It looks less crowded to those in the know, that is.
I really wanted to get through all 50 boxes by today so that I could spend tomorrow writing up the offers I plan to post on Freecycle. Let's see, there are 10 boxes with Freecycle stuff and I plan to get all of their contents out of the house by the weekend. That will be 21 emptied boxes out of 50. Not too bad.

In other news, kittens are good recyclers.

2 comments: