Friday, January 28, 2011

End of Week 2 Progress Report

I started out the week with 57 boxes, some of which were immediately sorted into certain piles like "books" or "kitchen stuff to ask young men about". Despite that, I did have somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 boxes to go through. One may have ended up in Media Guy's room, but the rest have been emptied and their contents are -- for the most part -- on their way out of the house.

Those 49 boxes of books in the front hall were getting to me, however, so I started a very rough sort on their contents. The rough sort seems to be fiction, non-fiction, books we won't keep under any circumstances, children's story books (our youngest child was 14 when we moved here, so please explain why we have multiple boxes of picture books....), homeschooling materials, and Jewish books. The cat room (aka living room) is doubling (or tripling) as a staging area.

About 39 of the 49 boxes got sorted in this manner yesterday. And then, of course, I needed a new challenge so I had Sports Nut haul the rest of the boxes out of the garage this morning.
There is lots of stuff still out in the middle of the garage, as well as all those things on the shelves that line 3 sides of the garage. But... it's progress! Just don't look at the interior of the house.

I was down to 12 boxes of books left to sort. Now there are 42, so that's 30 new boxes of books. (Don't do the math. 49+30=too many books.) I also have 12 new boxes of assorted STUFF to sort through for next week. And another 10 or 12 boxes were carried into bedrooms for the offspring to deal with.

The bottom line is, I am still on track with my 16-week plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment