Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Moving Right Along....

I forgot to mention that  when I went to Michael's yesterday, I found the coolest thing. Tie-dye duct tape!

I gave one roll to a young friend who makes things out of duct tape. I have no idea what we will do with the other roll, but who cares? It's tie-dyed! Sort of.

Today I sorted out all those boxes and bins that got dragged out of the walk-in closet. I haven't quite figured out what to do with all of the stuff yet, so it's all sitting around the bedroom in piles. Tomorrow, tomorrow -- that's when I will take the next step, whatever that may be.

In the meantime, here's what I found. Lots of plastic boxes full of fabric (sorted by color, no less) in the walk-in closet, left over from my quilting days:

More fabric and sewing and quilting stuff in the bedroom:

A couple of those bins have t-shirt logos that I have sort of promised various children that I will make into t-shirt quilts some day. I figure if I wait another couple of decades, they may forget that I made this promise.

Also lots and lots of yarn, though not quite as much as I expected. Here's what is still upstairs:

And here is the yarn that I carried downstairs yesterday and the yarn that is being used for current projects. Most of it, anyway. I think Sports Nut's blanket-in-progress missed the picture:

There are also a few other bits and pieces and skeins of yarn around. I know, for example, that I have some sock yarn in the drawers of my desk because some day I am going to knit it up into socks. Really.

Besides the yarn and fabric, there are bins full of other assorted crafts materials -- needlepoint, embroidery, some items left over from religious school projects, candle-making stuff from when Future Vet was interested in making candles. And a big box of t-shirts that we were going to tie-dye with the youth group during a weekend retreat that nobody signed up to attend. (Now you have some insight into my fascination with tie-dyed duct tape.)

In the background of that picture, you can see a bin containing bedding from Future Vet's and Media Guy's bedrooms. I'll just move that into Future Vet's room along with all the other stuff the two of them left behind.

And there was a bunch of other stuff in bins that I am going to have to go through carefully. Since tomorrow is already devoted to replacing all the stuff that came out of the closet, going through the bins and boxes will probably have to wait until Friday. Or next week. Here's a sneak peek:

I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped. Instead I spent some time with a friend who is sick, and I started on a new knitting project. Because you can never have enough knitting projects going on at the same time. This project is a pullover hooded sweater for a 2-year-old friend. I am hoping to finish it sometime before she graduates high school. My progress to date:

That's the cuff and the start of a sleeve, by the way, not a turtleneck. She's little but not that little.

And that's about it, except for the knitting needles. I dug knitting needles out from all kinds of places today and sorted them by size.



Oddly enough, I have no size 4 knitting needles, apart from the ones in my Boye Needle Master set that I bought 30 years ago. So I stopped by Hobby Lobby to fill out my set and they didn't have any size 4 knitting needs. Neither did Michael's. If I didn't know better, I would think there was a world-wide conspiracy to keep me from owning size 4 knitting needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment