Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reality Rears Its Ugly Head

The 16-week plan that I set up in January has been lost. I've looked around for it, but can't find it anywhere.

Between adjusting to Daylight Savings Time (never a pretty picture for me, regardless of which way it's going) and the Attack of the Allergies, I never got around to finishing up with the books. There are still piles of boxes all over the house. At least they are divided into groups that make some sense -- fiction, non-fiction, children's, college texts, Manga, homeschooling materials, etc.

Most of the books still in boxes are ones that we will not be keeping. I have a plan for disposing of the homeschooling materials and possibly the children's books, but that still leaves a fair number of books.

Whatever. I no longer have time to give much thought to books. Pesach (Passover) is two weeks away and that takes precedence over all else in life.

Except baseball, of course.

The Wizard, Sports Nut, and I got away briefly to watch (if not totally enjoy) a real, live baseball game during Opening Weekend. Not at the ballpark of our dreams, but at a very nice ballpark one state away from Dodge.
The people, even the ones rooting for the home team, were quite friendly. And although the Red Sox lost the game rather spectacularly, we actually had a pretty good time. It was baseball, after all, and there are still 159 games left in the season.

Having spent Sunday returning home and vegging out, I started on the general cleanup and sorting out of food that always precedes Pesach. I'm going to have to tackle the garage today. Though the boxes of books have been moved out, there is still a lot of work to do there, no matter what angle I look at it from.
Despite the unorganized mess in the center of the garage, I have done some work out there. I cleared off, cleaned, and reorganized the dog-feeding area.
Also the shelves where we keep food and household supplies.
The stuff piled up in front of those shelves is Passover food, which will soon be moved indoors to the pantry cupboards in the kitchen. So don't judge me by that.

Sports Nut just came home early because his class was canceled today. I'm going to hijack him (as soon as Sports Center is over) to help me tackle the center of the garage today. I'll do my best to report on our progress -- or lack of it -- later today.

1 comment:

  1. My 16 week plans end that way too. Maybe some things will take less time than others and it all works out in the end. Or maybe moving plans are counted in a different time spectrum. That's what I'm voting for. So really, we're right on track.

    ReplyDelete