Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Feeling Sort-of Kind-of Virtuous

I got moving early this morning because Future Vet is back within phone range and he called Very Early. Since I was up anyway, I picked out a box for the day:


I thought it was going to be primarily magazines, from which I would have to rip off the address for shredding and then recycle the magazine. But no.... it turned out to be yet another box full of stuff the Drama Queen left behind in her most recent move. There were some books and knick-knacks that she will have to sort through, but the majority of this box's contents was unopened mail delivered to an apartment she moved out of 2 years ago.

I'm not even going to explain why this didn't just become DQ's job. I know she won't handle this stuff herself, so I did it. I ripped open envelopes, recycled parts and shredded others. (No, this does not mean the bag of to-be-shredded stuff is empty yet, but I am working on it.) It's amazing how many credit card offers a typical college student can generate over the space of a month or so.

The end disposition of this box's contents -- a little trash, a lot of recycling, a moderate amount of shred, and a box of DQ's books and odds-and-ends that she will have to make decisions about. We won't talk (much) about the plastic bag that held a mildewy towel.

Back to the garage to look at the hole left by the last two day's activities:


I put some things up on the shelf, threw some things away, and then I noticed this:


That probably wasn't a good enough view. Let me zoom in so you can see the cause of my current horror:


K'nex pieces. On the floor! That box standing on its end is OPEN and pieces are spilling out. This is obviously a task for Another Day.

So I went online and listed a bunch of things on Freecycle. Here's the pile of today's offerings:


Now I can take the rest of the day off with a clear conscience!




No comments:

Post a Comment