Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Always More to Do

While I did work on the garage project over the past week, there really wasn't much to show until today. Today, there is a visible improvement in the navigation of the garage:
In the process of reaching this stage, however, I realized that I had made the project too big. All the boxes that used to be in front of those shelves blocked the view of the work that I actually accomplished. So the next stage of the garage project is just those shelves, now that I can finally get to them.
The very top of these shelves holds some candles and light bulbs. The next shelf down is batteries, extension cords, and things like duct tape, super glue, and picture hangers. The middle shelf is dog treats -- that shelf could definitely use some help. The two bottom shelves are supposed to be food; they've just suffered a little during Pesach.

To get to those shelves, however, I had to remove a bunch of boxes of what appear to be receipts and bank and credit card statements.
I made a dent in these papers, but have a ways to go. I think both of the paper grocery bags are full of things waiting to be shredded. Works for me; that's less I have to sort through.

What cleared out even more room, however, was recycling the cardboard boxes that keep piling up in the garage. I keep recycling them, but more keep appearing.
You would think it would be easier to keep up with this as we go along, and after every trip to the recycling drop-off, I swear to stay on top of the recycling. But then I get busy and just toss a box out to take up later. Eventually, later always seems to catch up with me.

And now, since I am falling asleep at the keyboard, I'm going to roll up my tent and go to bed.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment