Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yes, I Have Been Knitting

Time for a knitting update, such as it is.

I finished the knitting for Sports Nut's blanket! And the baseball season isn't exactly over, even though the Red Sox are out of the game. Until spring training starts in February, that is.
It still needs to be sewn together, but at least we can see how big it seems to be.

I also started on a Wallaby sweater for one of the little boys in my life. I tried it on him at one point:
Just to make sure it fit. Since then, I've made major progress -- lengthened both sleeves and attached them to the body. Now I'm in the process of shaping the shoulders. In other words, this Wallaby is more than halfway done.
I took this boy's big brother over to the store and he picked out yarn for his own Wallaby:
After I finish these two Wallabys (and sew Sports Nut's blanket together), I'll be looking around for something new to knit. Maybe some socks.

I also organized (yet again) my knitting needles this past week. With help from Harley:
I let her file herself because I wasn't sure which ziplock bag of needles she best fit into. All I know is that those needles at the end of her paws are really sharp!

Though I didn't post any oddities yesterday, I thought I'd share one of the strange and wonderful things that I came across this week. Even though I found this in a store rather than in a box in my house, I thought it was pretty neat:
Please note that the bottle is clear glass. We are thinking of trying it out over the weekend. If we do, however, I'll probably have to buy another bottle so that the boys in LaLa Land can have a taste when they come home for winter break.

No comments:

Post a Comment