Monday, October 25, 2010

Maybe Time to Call It Quits

... not with getting out of Dodge, but with trying to do anything meaningful with the yard and garden on my own. I looked out the window over the weekend to find that one of the garden plots had been decimated.
Yup. Dug up right down to the weed cloth at the bottom of the box. Expensive soil mix strewn about the yard. If we were still in the Boston area, I might suspect groundhogs. But here in Dodge, the likely culprits are pictured below:
So, I don't know how much more effort I feel like expending on this yard. We didn't get any vegetables to speak of this year, the planting boxes are in disarray, and the yard that we weeded so carefully in July and August is totally overgrown.
Maybe it's time to call in some professionals and see what they can do with this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment