Monday, June 21, 2010

Busy Weekend

Over the past weekend, all of my many sibs and most of their family members decided to come to Dodge. We'd been talking about a family reunion of sorts, but I thought it was going to be someplace else. When they decided to come here, I didn't complain. And it worked out well for me, considering the number of kittens in the house and the amount of tending that the kittens still need.

In fact, if the decision to descend on Dodge had come after the influx of kittens, I would suspect them all of ulterior motives. I certainly would travel halfway across the country to play with kittens. Makes sense to me that my siblings would as well.

Most of the sibs have moved on at this point, but kittens remain.
Kittens like lasagna, by the way. And I'm happy to report that I have coerced talked my friends into adopting all of the kittens. Every single one will go to a good home rather than to the questionable fate of a shelter kitty.

Thanks to the obligatory (and cursory) pre-company cleaning and the essential post-company cleaning,  there's no decrapification update this week. I talked to the slave labor offspring tonight and tomorrow we are going into Full BBSP Mode. (BBSP refers back to my original goal -- a box, a bag, a shelf or a pile a day.) If three or four of us work on this goal each day, next week should yield some major decrapification progress.

There's garden news this week. We have a winner in the First to Flower sweepstakes!!
One squash blossom looks much like another to me. This one happens to be a pumpkin blossom. There are almost-blossoms on the tomatoes and the zucchini and yellow squash plants. By next week, there should be an explosion of flowers in the garden plots. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment