Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wrapping Up a Few Things

I'm beginning to think that I need to post in the morning rather than at the end of the day. It's because of the dogs. They want out, they want in, they want good-night treats, they want out, they want in, they want more treats.... Sometimes I can get by with working or studying in another room after they come in for the night, but they don't like it if I put them in their crates for the night and then continue to work at my computer.

So, here's what I did yesterday. I decided to clear out the bottom of the nightstand next to my side of the bed. The Wizard's nightstand has nothing in it, but mine has an intriguing pile of papers.

Here's a better look:

At least the book dust jacket is easy to deal with ... now. Sports Nut kept complaining about the fact that we needed more mylar dust jacket covers, so I finally went and ordered some from Gaylord, which has got to be my favorite place to shop. I figured out a long time ago that I don't really want a house -- I want a library instead.

To my surprise, this pile was almost entirely booklets (and some assorted background information) that I put together for the Holidays@Home Family Education Series that I taught three years ago. I'd been wondering where all this went. It certainly didn't go to people who attended the workshops because ... well ... hardly anyone attended them.

Maybe someday we will live in a place where this kind of workshop series would be a success, so I'll file all this material away. (Good thing we bought a new file cabinet, huh?)

I also finished converting my entire stock of musicals on cassette (that hadn't already been replaced by CDs) to mp3 format so that I can load them onto my iPod.

I did not, however, manage to felt the cat bed that I made for Sport Nut's cats. It was in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment